AuthorMessage
ange_narcissique

Number of posts : 86
Humor : sarcasm
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:19 pm

A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face

It’d become tradition years ago. No one was really sure how it was started, but no one questioned it either. It was a comraderie that came from time spent in the woods, a brotherhood that was formed when people were suddenly shooting you, a unity strengthened by hours spent side by side in the middle of the night, in gods only knew where we are hell hole laying for hours in the icy mud waiting for their mark. Now, years after the beginning of this brotherhood they were a constant in one another’s lives. The only time the squad split company and ranks was upon returning state side after a “tour of duty,” and even then it wasn’t until a couple of hours spent at one of the clubs where they could put a few belts of liquor into sleep deprived adrenaline saturated bodies. Running on nothing more than pure training; there was no doubt when they crashed…they’d be down for days, and though they were ticking bombs of exhaustion…it was “tradition” a few drinks to rejoice being “home” again. A few drinks to toast those that had fallen, a toast to those that were wounded in action…or more likely than not…a “salute” to the gods that they were still here. Whether the “salute” to the gods was in mockery or subjection no one was sure. You couldn’t even ask them what type of salute it was because each mission was different, each return was a new ripple of trepidation…mockery that they were still alive despite what was thrown at them during a fucked up “tour” as though the fates themselves were against them; or sincerity of gratitude that they were allowed to return home once again; to see the ones they loved one more time.

They were the type of group businesses either loved or hated to see headed their way. It was hard to “love” the group, after all 6 military personnel in full regalia was just asking for trouble wasn’t it? People now a day despised the military, blamed the troops themselves for the carnage of war when in fact they had no say in the matter. They were pointed in a direction and told to march, and they did exactly that.
But at the same time in complete contradiction it was easy to love this particular group at large. They were some of the best paying customers, always entering with a healthy supply of bills in hand. For the most part they kept their hands to themselves, tipped the girls healthily, and never honestly started trouble. Now true, didn’t mean if chaos and trouble were directed their way they wouldn’t hesitate to stomp it with brutal intent into the ground…but they weren’t out seeking trouble like some groups were.

NOW finding a place they liked was a bit of a search. After all fresh off the plane, they were searching for a place willing to take them as they were uniforms and all. A place that they could sit back, have a couple belts of liquor, for the most part be left alone [minus the working girls trying to make their living of course] that had a back room where they could stash their gear and honestly trust the owner/manager to ensure that the assault rifles would not only be there, but be there in their entirety. But even more difficult was locating a place that would put up with the k9…the ideal spot, would have a back room that they could stash their gear, a spot to leave the k9s that might actually offer the animal water to quince it’s own thirst. To be honest, Creegan’s was the ideal location where doors were open to the USMC squad in its entirety, k9 and all. But at times…you wanted a bit more scenery than what Creegan’s had to offer.

For middle of the work week, it was busy enough to keep the owner of the establishment happy. But “quiet” enough to be worth consideration. And like always two “scouts” were sent in after packs and munitions had been passed handed to those that waited outside with the duo of k9 handler and the animal themselves. The scouts’ jobs were easy, get a feel for the place…not to see the vibes of the customers, who gave a damn about the other customers…but for the workers….most especially the management itself.

They stood apart from the rest of the club goers that lined the sidewalk waiting for admittance. The extra packs situated upon the ground at their feet, munitions slung over shoulders and easily watched. The Malinois lay settled upon the concrete stretch next to Wills boots watching with mild interest as those that milled around the remainder of the squad. Black masked face followed the various movements as perk ears danced in idly laziness to the “concerto” that was the noise of the streets before showing it’s own restlessness as to the wait; muzzle stretching wide flashing ivory canines as skull quaked with the force of the yawn before gaze was drifting loyally to meet that of it’s handler’s, plumed Shepard tail thumping once…twice..then no more.

Wills had no concern as to Drakken’s temperament and ability to “deal” with crowds. He’d been working with the dog since first joining the ranks of the Marine Corps, a solid bond had been formed over years of service…you had to form a bond of complete trust when you expected to be dropped out of a helicopter, 9/10 times by means of a rope with a k9 strapped to your back, in the middle of no where. Wills didn’t know many people who’d be willing to trust someone enough to do that…let alone a dog who had every reason to reach forward and take a chunk out of the back of vulnerable neck. With the leather lead loosely in his left, he was the one who reeked of military. While the “fresh” members remembered enough of their civilian ways to be able to lounge he was one of the few that “relaxed” in the military’s idea of “at ease” booted feet spread hip width apart. Hands behind one’s back one hand gripping the other’s wrist. ~M’starting to think they were abducted as virgin sacrifices to the gods~ He mused the only sign of his restlessness
Soft laughter of companionship surfaced muted and restrained ~that’s what we get for sending the fresh meat in to scout~

A thousand lies have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same

Drakken

Cadence [Cadee] McKeever - Human - female - 17
Shana Fraser - Changeling/shapeshifter [Red Fox] - female/vix - 17
Tavish [Tav] Fraser - Human- Male - 24
Ian Fraser - Human - Male -26
Aiden McKenzie-Fraser - Human- Female -17
1st Lieutenant Wills McKeever- Human - Male -23
2nd Lieutenant Lucas McKeever - Human - Male - 25
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:48 pm

And of course she would allow them shelter within her walls. She never had a problem quartering soldiers since World War 2. Yet she wouldn't let anyone know that unless they were close enough to be part of the secret society that met once a month. Yet only by blood could you get into that. Fortunately tonight wasn't one of those nights and business was slow. It was a night to take care of the kids without a single one in sight and a night for luxury. So as long as the boys kept her amused she'd be happy to house them.

Olaf Gurlukavich - Werewolf - Male - Appears 29
Demi Ota - Human - Male - 16
Nicci Addams - Human - Female - 16
Lyn Baire - Human - Female - 23
'Nell Becker - Human - Female - 16
Darla Mulak - Vampire - Female - 25
Emily Alexander - Angel - Female -20

Secrets of Los Angeles ST
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://otakudemolitionist.deviantart.com/
ange_narcissique

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:26 am

How long they drank, tucked away in a back corner keeping to themselves when it didn't require someone being sent for the next round, was only an hour...hour and a half at tops before a few murmured words were exchanged and members grabbed their gear and sought out homes and much missed mattresses and sheets.

Only Wills remained and he didn't look as though he was budging from the table anytime soon. But it wasn't long after everyone else left that he was finally making his first trip to the bar for a refill drink. To the mere mortals they'd never know he was wounded, it wasn't anywhere anyone could see. But for others those attracted to smell of blood he didn't smell like old blood, he smelled of the fresh elixir that continued to seep with every beat of his heart. And how was he suppose to know in whose presence he was in when he stood at the far end of the bar and waited to be served a new refill. So he didn't see any harm in lifting the GI issued simple military brown shirt and eye how badly he had bled through.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:57 pm

She couldn't help but notice the sweet smell of mortal vitae that had leaked from his meaty shell. It was what she lived for and had kept in control due to what was stored in the back. Yet that didn't mean that she wasn't tempted by the fresh scent that wafted from him. She quickly responded to him with a smile and another refill in hand. "Here you go." She quickly handed to him the glass and moved a hand to her mouth and nose, "I'll keep an eye on you so you don't have to get up, ok?" It was at that moment that she had an idea. It was cruel and it made her spine shiver knowing what it would entail. But he was attractive and she didn't want to loose control before closing for the night. The glass she had casually been drinking from wouldn't be able to satisfy her and she knew that her masquerade was important to her kind. Thus to frenzy here would be the end.

Her mind was made up and she knew what to say, "Maybe you could stick around after close. The rest of your drinks are on the house and I'll give you a bed to sleep in. It seems like you'll need it along with a little bit of medical attention tonight. But it seems like all your buddies left so it's really the least I can do for you." Her hand would fall to reveal an interested smile. "Maybe we could... chat over a few after hours drinks also." She knew it had been a while but she knew that she needed it this time.

Back to top Go down
ange_narcissique

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:53 pm

He never considered NOT going up to the bar for a refill. He was no one special, no regular customer...yet...so no reason for them to treat him any different than the average civvie and cater to him in specific. Politeness had been drilled into him, if not by his mother than by the marine corps themselves. Civvies, especially female civvies were treated with utmost respect. Thus he was nodding his head ~My appreciation ma'am. But it's no trouble~ He was assuring her.

Was in he in danger? Maybe. Was his life in peril? No. He knew that with a firm convention, as though he had an internal self protection mechanism seeming to know when he was playing russian roulette with his own life. It's what made him so good, it's what had kept him alive for this long in his line of work. His senses told him there was something not entirely 'secure' about this situation, but his life wasn't in peril. The moment she was setting the refill down in front of him he was immediately picking it up taking a swallow from it pale grey eyes never leaving her's. He could smell the metallic tang that came with the fresh blood clinging to his skin and saturating the bandaging but he didn't expect anyone else to be able to smell it.

But then she was offering forth her proposition. It's not that he'd never been propositioned before, he had...on more than one occasion and it always caught him by surprise. So she was immediately being graced with a boish smirk ~Ma'am. It's been a lil over 73 hours since I last slept. By the time I crash, I'll probably be out for days. I appreciate the offer, I really do. But I'd hate to be a burden on you and your's when I have a perfectly good place....with a doggie door~ a slight smirk forming at the thought of the dog sleeping in the corner. But it was the offer to "chat" over after hour drinks that had him agreeing to part of it ~That would be appreciated. But I'm happy to pay for my drinks all the same thank you.~ Agreeing to stay until she "closed shop" and "talk"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:06 pm

She couldn't help but blush at his agreement and kindness. It was when a cute one as himself talked to her in such a kind manner that she couldn't help but be a school girl again. She'd giggle, covering fangs with her hand again as she grins. After finally composing herself she'd drop her hand again. It was more than certain that she had to have him more than ever. Not only was his blood the sent of honey but his manners made her spine shiver. "We'll talk in my place and I assure you that if you stay, your dog will be fine. We do have a day crew who will be notified." She thought she was so crafty. She felt terrible that she desired so much that she was forced to comply with sinful actions. Yet that was the curse and rub. She knew even if she was mortal, she'd still want half of her desires and she was the type of woman to simply act on them without second thought.

Back to top Go down
ange_narcissique

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:38 pm

It wasn't usually his thing. The concept of the "one night stand." That was more of Lucas' territory. Not that Lucas would demand anything more than a woman was willing to give, but he had no qualms about sharing a bed and leaving in the night or at first light. Wills just...wasn't really like that. But the concept of sticking around...having a few drinks with a seductive woman...talking..and sure a tumble under the covers wouldn't be turned down, he'd just end up with a guilty conscious complex the following day once he left. But it was the lure of companionship if only for a couple of hours that was like the god's ambrosia to him. Companionship beat going home to an empty house any day of the week. Ok...so he'd wait a few more hours before crashing into unconsciousness...hadn't killed him before, why should it now? And how could he turn down someone so school girlishly cute when she giggled?

Nodding his head at the suggestion of them talking at her place and the assurance Drakken would be taken care of if he took up the offer of a bed for the night ~We'll see, I'd really hate to intrude though~. He was extending his hand for "formal' introductions of the civvie type ~Wills McKeever~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:50 pm

She's place her hand in his with another giggle, "Prissilla Alexander. Friends just call me Priss and now, so can you." How could she do this? She knew deep down that her humanity was suffering for this but how many times do you get to fake love in 100 years. Faking death is a common thing but love? It hurt like sunlight but she knew that it was drink the fluid of life a bite the dust of final death. At least her heart would beat once more before dancing dangerously with her beast.

Back to top Go down
ange_narcissique

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:57 am

His smiled kicked up another notch and thou it did reach his eyes it didn't quite overshadow the exhaustion from lack of sleep. He was probably her best prey; strong, healthy in the prime of his life, and he'd sleep long enough for his body to recouperate after any minor "withdrawal" or blood donation. Whether she meant to make a snack of him...well he'd never know would he? He was oblivious to the...prenatural entities that also went bump in the night.
His hand was warm, solid, calloused and shockingly gently unconsciously taking into consideration her "more delicate and fragile" build. ~Nice to meet you Priss~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 pm

While many blind patrons sat and drank, Priss couldn't help but better know her new prey without seeming strange. She had to hear his tale, she needed to know the right buttons to push to wrap him neatly around her cold, yet delicate pinky. "So soldier... what's your story if you don't mind loosening your lips. I strive to give what I can to those who have the courage to manage what you do. Now don't mistake my hospitality to be stretched out to the patriotic or the high ranks. I know the brave when I see them and you are no stuck up fool."

Back to top Go down
ange_narcissique

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 pm

She was different than everyone else he'd ever met. Sure there was always the people who did support the troops just like there were those that held hatred, disgust and hostility towards those soldiers that followed their orders. So her interest and choice of words were drawing him in like a moth to a flame. Laughing softly as he was settling at the bar to continue this intriguing discussion he was taking another swallow of his drink before setting it down between hands rolling the glass between palms ~Depends on what you would like to know Priss. M'life is...for the most part...an open book~ making it known up front certain things he would refuse to answer because he was not at liberty to discuss those things. Like his particular "job" he stopped simply with his rank within the marine corps and he was one of the few k9 handlers to handle erratic "jobs". Smirking softly ~No different than the rest of them who grew up wanting to be a soldier...out to save the world~ it'd become a joke a long time ago, but even within the joke...there was a heavy note of truth. He truly did believe in a sense he was saving the world...one life, or death to be more accurate, at a time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:40 pm

She'd stare at him intently awaiting for his lips to freeze and his aura to calm back to the state it was in before he was talking. She'd smile to him, "So what's it like having a k9? A lot of trust must go into that out there." She knew the dog must have been a soft spot. She was sure of it even though every word killed her a little bit more each time.

Back to top Go down
ange_narcissique

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:10 am

It was easy. To stand there and talk. She made it easy, asked the right amount of questions at the right time and kept to subjects that were left open for him to discuss where his "job" was situated. Not even his family knew everything that his job entitled. It was better that way, less worry for them that way. Rescue missions they thought...did they really need to know that everytime he was shipped out there was a damn good chance when and if he returned it could be inside a body bag instead of on his own two feet. But these were thoughts he never pondered long, never gave himself a chance to consider long in case it ended up jinxing him.
But she definitely hit a soft spot inquiring about the k9 half of his position. Smirking as laughter reached his eyes though was little more than a muffled sound of silent amusement. Nodding his head glancing towards the corner where the k9 was currently sprawled on it's back in a very uncomfortable pose proving to the world, he was a boy....sound asleep. ~Its good. My family's always bred and raised Mals so I've been around the breed a lot. I trust Drakken more with my life than I would trusting anyone else with it.~ He was admitting, and he wouldn't ~Sure. I trust him to get me in somewhere and back out safely...in return, he trusts me not to drop him when jumping out the 'copter.~ Okay true, the dog was more of strapped to him so there wasn't many ways he COULD drop the canine now dropping both of them..sure..but not just the dog; and he trusted the dog not to reach up and take a chunk out of his neck when jumping out a plane.
He was a polite bastard, never once did his eyes venture lower than her face. Now did that mean he hadn't checked her out? No, of course he did...he was a guy after all. But once the discussion started his eyes remained on her face instead of on her chest. laughing softly ~C'mon now, don't tell me you never had a pet~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:55 pm

She would sigh knowing that there was only so well she should answer a question like that. "My ex-husband had a dog and the girls have a cat that seems to disappear every so often but I have never had a pet." She was trying hard to think back as far as she could. It wasn't her age that stunted her memory but the fact that there never was memory of her younger years. "They take care of the pets, I manage the bar. I wish I had the time though."

Back to top Go down
ange_narcissique

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 pm

His brow shot up at the mention of her "ex-husband". There were so many things that could be said; it was a dangerous field to try and traipse...it could be a deceased factor, or it could be a divorce. Either situation in themselves could be taken in various degrees....both good or bad. So the best thing to do? The safest thing to do? ~M'sorry about your ordeal~ that was a safe thing to say wasn't it? A divorce and a death could be both a trial and tribulation. Now if it was a divorce that SHE had wanted, well...he could then proceed to congratulate her. Leaning elbows against the bar effortlessly drowning out the ruckus of conversation of other patrons concentrating solely on her. Smirking ~such a pity, I can't imagine not having a 4 legged hairball running around. With all the dogs probably wouldn't be safe for a cat~ Brow arched at the mention of kids, but letting it ride wasn't really that surprising with an ex-husband that had been in the picture. ~That's a shame, spending all your time taking care of the club....should take some time for yourself on the occasion~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AZSniperFox
Admin's Shadow
Admin's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:46 am

"If I could, I would, Dear. Yet don't you worry about my ex, he needed to go." She just loved his concern. It was just so... cute! "But id it isn't one thing then it's another. Nathaniel, my eldest, watches after the younger lot while I make sure the bills are paid and no one comes and steals then away in the night." She had been talking too long. Her lips were getting loose and all it would take is one small slip to do what she didn't dare think of. "Nights weren't always this dangerous though. It used to only be psycho fanatic hunters. But then the government wised up." Every word was a new reason to like him. He'd listen to her and care even after the sight of combat.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.   

Back to top Go down

.:Have.A.Real.Good.Time:.
Page 1 of 1